PEX connection

Users who are viewing this thread

spebby

Reaction score
I had a licensed plumber re-plumb my well house during the course of a remodeling job. The previous plumbing used Wirsbo Pex to connect the water softner. The plumber cut the Wirsbo and made a crimp connection to a brass fitting. It's my understanding that Wirsbo uses a different connection type other than a crimp ring. Is connecting Wirsbo Pex using a crimp ring a problem? I don't know what type fittings were used other than they appear to be brass. Hopefully they are not the brand that has a class action suit I've read about on this forum.

Chris Fox

Reaction score
spebby,
my understanding is the law suit is against Zurn fittings(not the pex tube). I have heard good and bad about Wirsbo and they cant be used together. But I am a plumbing novice and PEX virgin, so take my input lightly:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks