Pex A - crimping?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by David Yates, Jul 20, 2018.

1. David Yates

David Yates New Member

IT Professional
    I will be assisting a friend re-pipe his house to get rid of the poly-b pipes which have been leaking all over the house.

We would like to use uponor pex-a.

My question is: if we have to use some “poly-b” fittings in some unusual situations, can we crimp/clamp pex-a as if it was pex-b?

Dave

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Yes.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. David Yates

David Yates New Member

IT Professional
    Thanks - I use the SS clamps but I can’t imagine that changes anything

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I can imagine reasons why I might want to do that. One is having side access but not easy end-on access.Less obvious is that I might not find the fitting that I want in F1960. For example, if I wanted to run 3/8 to a lav, I might want to use one of the many available fittings available in F2159 or F1807.

You will probably find this table of interest: https://www.pexuniverse.com/types-of-pex-fittings