Painting copper pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

rcav8or

In the Trades
Reaction score
I just finished plumbing the bathroom in my pole barn. I ran all copper pipes inside so I don't have to heat the whole pole barn, just the bathroom. I have a stool, urinal, deep sink, and a line going through the wall for a spigot outside.

My question is, even though I'd LOVE to polish the copper, I don't want that upkeep.

Is there a good way to paint the pipes, or will condensation make that unfeasible? It hasn't condensed yet, but I figure it will down the road sometime or other.

Or should I just insulate them with the foam?

Suggestions, please...

Thanks!

Roger

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it was mine, I'd insulate with the foam. I really can't say how well paint will adhere to copper pipe or how long it will last, but I think you'll be better off with the foam.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
If you wanted to you could polish and seal with laquer which would work for a while then when it didn't look all that good you could paint. I have had paint on pipes that took a lot of work to remove. Paint tends to stick very well to copper in my NSHO.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks