Odor near commode

Users who are viewing this thread

grayband

Reaction score
In one of my ground floor toilets (slab floor), there is a partition between the area in which the commode is located and a walk-in closet. During the wet season, which is now active, a vile odor comes from the part of the partition through which the vent for the commode goes. We are on septic tank. Any suggestions?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I would smoke test your plumbing system or have a plumber do this; a 3 or 5 minute smoke bomb hooked to a wire so it doesn't get lost in the piping and a leaf blower in the cleanout furthest away from the home, blowing the smoke towards your house. That way someone inside the house can locate the smell or sight of the smoke to find out what is leaking.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks