NYC Barrel Lock Question

Users who are viewing this thread

yessongs

Reaction score
First post.

Hi, I'm a retired union carpenter. Now im a carpenter for the Motion Picture Industry. Movies

So before you guys take out the torches and pitchforks Im not a thief!

This is my problem. I own a brownstone in bklyn with my mother. we rented to a new tenant, long story short there were unions on the boiler, gas was shut hot water was jumped into my meter. this was last summer. Had a licensed plumber fix the violations. over 10 Gs.

I worked out a payment plan as im a single father who sees his son on weekends. my bill +$125 a month.

It was due the 9th they locked it the 11th. i know i missed a payment date unintentionally

They wont budge, they want over $700 to remove the lock. Im cutting it and will continue my payments again. Its a Mexican standoff. i need gas for my sons food.

My Question after i remove this lock with my Porta Band no sparks, Is there anything i should know after opening the "ball valve"

Please, don't preach about what im doing. i have no choice. as i want to jump my apartment line into my boiler meter also so thats one bill and make payment arrangements for the hot water heater.

Sorry for the long post!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks