New tub - help with drain

Users who are viewing this thread

stilinsm

Reaction score
Good morning. Love this forum and all the years of sound advice.
Got a Bathroom remodel with new tub.
Old 1960s era copper/brass drain corroded at the slip nut. Can I replace with pvc or do I need to go back the copper/brass?

IMG_3669.jpeg

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Should be able to wack the copper and use a band for copper to pvc and use a conventional p trap

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
wholly inadequate info and picture. from what i can see you have an old drum trap that we never use anymore. if you like what you have, you can add poly tubular pieces at will. Accordion poly flex is not legal bc it fouls but we see it all the time.

stilinsm

Reaction score
wholly inadequate info and picture. from what i can see you have an old drum trap that we never use anymore. if you like what you have, you can add poly tubular pieces at will. Accordion poly flex is not legal bc it fouls but we see it all the time.
Thanks for the reply. I’m not a fan of poly flex and not attached to the drum trap. It’s looking like I’m hacking it off and going with a traditional pvc trap.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Actually you could use a PVC tubular trap I was thinking sch40 though I didnt say sc h 40. poly flex didnt even know that crap had a name but I agree scratch that off the list LOL!

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will want to find where that horizontal lead is connected to and replace from that point with PVC. Hopefully there is a vent somewhere so you can protect the trap from siphoning.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks