New bathroom rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

Karl Baker

Reaction score
hello,
My wife and I decided to remodel our 1850s farmhouse in Dayton, OH. The house had a full bath upstairs and we will be adding a master bath across the shared wall. There are two vents coming out of the roof. One is 3" and a secondary is a 2". The first floor has its own vent that ties into the main 3" vent in the attic. All joints will be either sweeping 90s, sweeping t's or wyes. The toilet will have a closet flange, vanities will have p traps in the cabinets, and the shower will have a p trap under the floor. Take a look at the image and see if I'm on the right track. The red is existing, the yellow will be new. Everything will have the 1/4" per foot slope, primed, and glued. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2483.JPG
    IMG_2483.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 190

MKS

Reaction score
From reading around here.
Vents come of the top of a horizontal drain.
Vertical to 45 degrees from vertical.
The 135 degree turn the existing toilet drain seems problimatic.
Clean outs are typically required at 135 degrees of direction change.
It maybe possible to wet vent the new toilet and shower from the vanities. Possibly make a straight run from the vanities to the main drain picking up the toilet and and shower on the in a straight line. There are length restrictions. Vent and drain must be two inch I believe. Three at toilet and beyond.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks