New Basement Bathroom Rough Plumb - DWV Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Tru483

Reaction score
I am a more advanced DIYer (sure everyone says that at some point). I grew up in the trades - father is a general contractor specializing in fire and water restorations. He isn't versed in plumbing so I've been teaching myself and have a pretty good grasp of the codes and how it all is meant to work. On to my question..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70vcu4y38qaq21h/2018-04-08 11.56.00.jpg?dl=0

In this photo, I've laid out the adapters / connectors to give an idea of what I'm doing. All the pipes currently are cast. I'm cutting off the long sweep 90 going under the foundation wall and booting that to a new 4 inch long sweep 90. Along the backside of the wall will be framed out and the toilet is going under the window. From the left side of the window to the framed wall on the far left will be the shower / drain. The laundry tub that's in the picture will be gone, obviously. The part of the floor that's cut out in front of the laundry tub will be wye'd off the main to feed the new laundry tub / washing machine drain. The existing pipes on the back wall will be gone / reran elsewhere.

Am I missing anything? The new laundry tub / washing machine drains have a vent is above the far left framed wall that is not visible in the photo, so venting that section is not a concern. I'm curious about venting the shower drain / toilet drain, for starters.

I have more to add. Another comment will be below.

Just want to say thank you in advance to any direction I'm given!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have no idea why the 3" pipe has the double offset, and just laying the fittings on the floor does not tell us how you are going to connect them or where the vents will be connected.

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I am a more advanced DIYer (sure everyone says that at some point). I grew up in the trades - father is a general contractor specializing in fire and water restorations. He isn't versed in plumbing so I've been teaching myself and have a pretty good grasp of the codes and how it all is meant to work. On to my question..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70vcu4y38qaq21h/2018-04-08 11.56.00.jpg?dl=0

In this photo, I've laid out the adapters / connectors to give an idea of what I'm doing. All the pipes currently are cast. I'm cutting off the long sweep 90 going under the foundation wall and booting that to a new 4 inch long sweep 90. Along the backside of the wall will be framed out and the toilet is going under the window. From the left side of the window to the framed wall on the far left will be the shower / drain. The laundry tub that's in the picture will be gone, obviously. The part of the floor that's cut out in front of the laundry tub will be wye'd off the main to feed the new laundry tub / washing machine drain. The existing pipes on the back wall will be gone / reran elsewhere.

Am I missing anything? The new laundry tub / washing machine drains have a vent is above the far left framed wall that is not visible in the photo, so venting that section is not a concern. I'm curious about venting the shower drain / toilet drain, for starters.

I have more to add. Another comment will be below.

Just want to say thank you in advance to any direction I'm given!

Yeah, we definitely need a little more information.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 256

Tru483

Reaction score
Yeah, we definitely need a little more information.

Not sure why I didn't think of the layout like that. Makes more sense to have one main line and just branch off from there. I'll be able to wet vent the toilet as well plus underneath the laundry tub I can floor flush mount a cleanout if problems ever arise down the road. Should the main line be 3 or 4 inch coming off the main drain?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks