Need to install a PV Supervent on a tight system

Users who are viewing this thread

Al S

Engineer
Reaction score
DSCN1066.JPG
I have a battle with having to purge air from my monoflo system often during heating season. The circulator is somewhat closely mounted to the supply side. This means I don't have much of a run to mount a air elminator. I've seen and read that the vent has to be as close to the source coming from the boiler as possible with the circulator downstream of the vent. I just don't have the room.

However, the bladder expansion tank is close to the source mounted on a tee connected to 3/4 inch (I think) black pipe off the manifold pipe. Is it possible to connect the vent to the tank off one of the ports of the vent? This vent is obviously pretty expensive and don't want to put this in service if it's not going to help.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your FIRST task is to find out WHERE that air is coming from. Air in a heating system is DESTRUCTIVE, and should not exist. Using a vent to get rid of it is treating the symptom and not the disease. Most air eliminators need a certain amount of "straight" pipe ahead of them to stabilize the flow through it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks