Need help with Galmaster Tub diverter assembly

Users who are viewing this thread

s021

Reaction score
I have an old galtmaster faucet and recently replaced the hot and cold cartridges to stop dripping and also changed the diverter stem as it was bad and water was coming from both the shower and tub faucet at the same time. Unfortunately, water is still coming from the tub with the shower engaged.
The Galt diverter that I have doesn't use a washer at the end like most do. It turns and hits metal to metal.
I took a picture of the inside and it appears broken but I can't tell if this is a seat that I should attempt to remove or if it's part of the valve itself (a big job to replace). The image is rotated about 45 degrees to the right.
It appears to be broken whatever it is.
Galtmaster cartridges and diverters from these old assemblies are not hard to find in Toronto so they must have been common, but no one seems to know about the diverter seat.
BathFaucet.jpg

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
The webbing in the back of the valve definitely appears to be broken. If you are not going to replace the valve I would try a tub spout diverter.

s021

Reaction score
I didn't think of that (I'm a newbie diy-er). So with this method, I could turn the faucet diverter to shower mode, then simply also use the tub spout diverter in shower mode to ensure that water doesn't come out from the tub spout. Sounds good.
Would there be any problem if someone puts the faucet diverter in tub mode with the tub spout diverter in shower mode and then turns on the water?
thanks for your reply

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks