Need help identifying shower faucet brand

Users who are viewing this thread

SharonM

Reaction score
We recently moved into a new house (built in 2007) and the handle on a shower faucet is stripped and spins freely. Need to replace the trim kit, but not sure of the brand. Originally thought it was Danze but were told that is incorrect. Can anybody identify it?

Attachments

• IMG_4471.jpg
    IMG_4471.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4477.jpg
    IMG_4477.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 84

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think it could still be a Danze. The handle may have been changed by someone else. I would disassemble it further to find out for sure.

SharonM

Reaction score
I think it could still be a Danze. The handle may have been changed by someone else. I would disassemble it further to find out for sure.
Thanks for your reply! Total novice here ... can you tell me how/what I need to disassemble and what to look for?

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Unscrew the next section right behind where the handle was located. Those sections should separate. It looks like there is an extra section and if so it may be a stem adapter. You can put a wrench on the part that has flat areas for a wrench. Take the next section off and take a picture of what you have. Stand in the tub and take the picture from right in front of the valve and not from the side.

Part #4 in this link:
http://www.danze.com/assets/1/15/d113000_ip.pdf

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks