Mystery leak in my loo

Users who are viewing this thread

RustyNails

Reaction score
If the toilet base was not caulked, it could just be a lot of gunk that found its way underneath the base. Removal and a good cleaning may resolve the problem.

The base wasn't caulked, but when the plumber removed the toilet to change the wax ring, I cleaned under there on the floor. If the bottom of the loo itself needed a clean, I think the plumber would've done it. Not saying this isn't the problem, but I think he would've took care of that as he did go the extra mile on some other things.

RustyNails

Reaction score
It is not the vent. Is the overflow at the right height? Have you replaced the fill valve? How about a good picture of the plumbing inside the tank?

Below is a photo of the tank. All 3 plumbers and the townhome maintenance guy looked in here. That doesn't mean they couldn't have missed something (anything is possible).

Toilet_tank.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks