Moentrol 3510 m pact only warm

Users who are viewing this thread

Drake4646

Reaction score
my new moentrol 3510 m pact valve was installed by plumber but shower was not used in 2 years. Finally finished shower and only hot water is coming out at constant temperature butt varying pressure as it spins. Help! Attached is a picture.

Attachments

• 97E7AD35-8FFC-4CC4-998C-E4D60E5844CD.jpeg
    97E7AD35-8FFC-4CC4-998C-E4D60E5844CD.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 164

Drake4646

Reaction score
my new moentrol 3510 m pact valve was installed by plumber but shower was not used in 2 years. Finally finished shower and only hot water is coming out at constant temperature butt varying pressure as it spins. Help! Attached is a picture.
Ended up being the balancing valve. Used a flat head screw driver. Luckily it came out. Then I took the back cap off of the balancing spool. Got it off using a small screw driver. The black piston was stuck. I got it unstuck by lightly hitting it with a screw driver. Sanded the inside. Put plumber grease back inside. The pistol then moved freely. Put it back together and in valve. Good to go.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks