Mini split size and head placement area

Users who are viewing this thread

jim garvey

Reaction score
Getting a mini spit system for a new construction small 2 story home (1280 SF) not sure where to place the lower level heat heads. Upstairs I'm thinking will will have one 9k btu heat head in each of the two roughly 300 SF bedrooms. Downstairs will have two 12k btu heat heads. Any advice on the best place to install the downstairs heat heads? This is mostly open space besides the bathroom and a small bedroom. I am thinking of two systems a 18k btu with dual heads upstairs and a 24k btu dual head for downstairs. If one unit fails in the winter we will not be without and heat at all. This is a Michigan home so it is a cool climate in winter.

Attachments

• 1f.gif
    1f.gif
    67.2 KB · Views: 143
  • 2f.gif
    2f.gif
    58.5 KB · Views: 143

Fitter30

Reaction score
You don't need 3.5 of cooling for 1200 sq. ft. A word pay me now or forever. Put money in insulation , windows and doors you could cool and heat with 2 tons of cooling. Need to run a heat load find what you need not a guess. Bosch makes central heat pumps up to 22 seer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks