Main Water Line Leak

Users who are viewing this thread

Jess26

Reaction score
Recently I turn off my main water valve inside my house prior to my vacation for 5 days. When I came back from the trip the water company informed me that I had a leak coming from my main water line, 2 to 4 gallons per hour during those 5 days that I was away. Yet, that issue went away as soon as I came back and turn on the main water value inside the house. I also had a plumber check the main water value outside for leaks and he could not find any leaks. What do you think is happening?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
How would the water company notice a 48 gallon per day leak? That is way under what the average house uses. Either they said GPM, or something odd is going on. Did whoever told you about this "leak" recommend a plumber to you? Is there anything that might make you suspicious?

You typed this on your Mac, I feel.
crystal_ball.png

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
Maybe you did not fully close the main water valve inside your house and something in the house was leaking such as the toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks