Low flow when descaling Takagi TK Jr

Users who are viewing this thread

Brad Borch

Reaction score
What the title says: I get very low flow when descaling my Takagi TK Jr. I'm. using a typical submersible pump, 5gal bucket. a couple gallons of vinegar. The flow initially is good, but then slows to a trickle in a few seconds. The unit seems to work fine otherwise, when not trying to descale.

Fitter30

Reaction score
What the title says: I get very low flow when descaling my Takagi TK Jr. I'm. using a typical submersible pump, 5gal bucket. a couple gallons of vinegar. The flow initially is good, but then slows to a trickle in a few seconds. The unit seems to work fine otherwise, when not trying to descale.
Have you checked the inlet water filter?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Couldn't find a chart for the jr. But other units and the recirculation pump they recommend is high head. Units i found at 3 gpm - 11 to 20 feet. Don't have a answer why flow starts out find then slows down other thanfilter starts to plug up. Ever flow from hot to cold with filter removed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks