Lochinvar Knight wall mount service clearance requirement

Users who are viewing this thread

_big_

Reaction score
I'm exploring the installation of a Lochinvar Knight wall mount boiler. Model #WHB085N.

I have a slightly tight location. The installation guide says a 12" service clearance is required on the left side. I can probably make this 12 inches, but something less opens up some attractive installation options.

Perusing videos on Youtube etc, it appears that the left side of the boiler is not removable. And that all service actions can be performed from the front.

I have plenty of clearance top/bottom/front.

I noticed the floor standing model has the same 12" requirement. Makes sense in the floor standing case due to the various pipes that come out the left side. All of the pipes for the wall mount units exit the top and bottom.

Anybody have experience with the wall mount Lochinvar Knight boilers? Is perhaps the 12" requirement in the wall mount installation instructions a typo?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
I have no experience but reading the manual, page eight. This shows a 24" clearance. This manual is for several size models. The heading reads WH55-339 and your model number is listed on page 6.
I circled the note. https://www.manualslib.com/manual/765389/Lochinvar-Wh-55-399.html?page=8#manual

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 2.50.16 PM.jpg

Fitter30

Reaction score
You mount it in a closest but they want 90 cubic ft air space around it. Without recommended clearance around it heater will need to pulled for service. Jam it in a alcove or closest piping will be a nightmare. Unions on everything. One set of hands in a close place trying to remove it.

_big_

Reaction score
Precisely, I don't want to put myself in a position where a service action forces a removal of the boiler.

The boiler room is reasonably large and for the most part there is plenty of room around the unit. Its just that I want to mount it on a particular wall and space on the left side a somewhat restricted. Its not zero... but a little short of the 12 inch requirement.

I'm hoping to find someone with experience with this unit to confirm the left side doesn't come off and therefore the suggested 12" service clearance is not important.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks