Live, ice-coated wire falls on SUV. Threelectrocuted. Baby on father's body survives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Gift

Reaction score

Fitter30

Reaction score
Sorry for the people lost( prayers ) Knowing the first thing to do is run but learned years ago think in high school don't get out till help arrives to kill the power.
Never been in that position hope i could remember it.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
We.re never taught.
But I would rehearse whato do in such situations so that if it ever happened, I would have better idea what to look for and what to do.
In college, as a (AAA) driver instructor, I told students to stay in the car until fire or utility company instructs safe to exit.
If car burning and you can't wait, stand on the running board and jump free so that no part of you is touching the vehicle
when you land on the ground. Buthere may be currents traveling on the ground so try to keep feet together.
If capable, I would hop away on one foot, or both feet as close together as possible.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks