Laundry Sink Addition & Max Sink Drain Rough-in

Users who are viewing this thread

chaschl

Reaction score
I am moving my washer leftward to stack appliances and maximize space. My research findings tell me that the max height for a sink rough-in is 16-in. My current situation will either give me a drain rough in at approximately 25-in or I would have to remove a framed wall and chip out concrete to replace so much more hardware.

I have found a 16” standard height and a range of 14 -20” height. In my situation, the lowest I can hope to install in in existing pipe is 25”.

I attached my solution drawing and photo of the existing drainage system.

Thank you for helping me solve this problem

Attachments

• IMG_4087.jpeg
    IMG_4087.jpeg
    60.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_4088.jpeg
    IMG_4088.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_4089.jpeg
    IMG_4089.jpeg
    61.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5244.jpeg
    IMG_5244.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

GReynolds929

Reaction score
You could put the laundry tee where the cleanout is, the utility sink tee right above the that, and the cleanout above that.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
number of ways to do it cut that mess out is one way . another way use the clean out which is a 2 inch santee put a wye in for a cleanout and add a aav under the new sink assuming az allows aav instead of real vents

chaschl

Reaction score
number of ways to do it cut that mess out is one way . another way use the clean out which is a 2 inch santee put a wye in for a cleanout and add a aav under the new sink assuming az allows aav instead of real vents
AZ code permits air admittance valves, but there is not enough pipe to cut the existing for new connectors. Is there a way to loosen the pipe adhesive? Otherwise, I would have to break into the concrete.

chaschl

Reaction score
You could put the laundry tee where the cleanout is, the utility sink tee right above the that, and the cleanout above that.
I’m trying to avoid breaking out the concrete to change the DWV pipes. If I could remove current connections this would be an easier job

Does my concept drawing work? Or is it a bad plan?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks