Laundry septic

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul Lavoie

Reaction score
I recently had my laundry and main septic pumped for the 1st time.(6 year old house) I looked in the pumped out laundry tank and saw a short length of pipe with something on one end at the bottom of the tank. I asked the guy pumping what that was as it looked like a discarded piece of pvc. No answer from him. Had to take a phone call so I did not follow up with the guy. Could this have been the downward pipe from the pipe connector at top of tank going to leach field? If so is it vital it be replaced. Per the pic above the water in the tank is pretty clean so no scum or solid layer on top to clog pipe. So is it an issue if the water pulled is from near the top? Also not sure if the pump guy knocked it loose or if it has been like this for a while. Would the PVC float or sink? I did not see floating when the tank was full. Suggestions welcome.

laundry septic tank.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I expect what you see is normal.

Solid PVC does not float in water, but foamcore pipe could. However I don't think what you have is floating, because it looks like it is oriented vertically. I would expect something floating to not stay vertical.

How full of solids did your guy say the tank was? That is important for knowing how long to wait for next pumping. You have a laundry septic tank and a separate septic tank for toilet waste etc? That would explain why the tank in the picture looks so clean.

septic_tank-600x443.jpg

Last edited: