Laundry Rough in question

Users who are viewing this thread

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
Is there any need for the back vent on the 2” laundry standpipe drain in the photo attached? Would it not be wet vented by the laundry sink tied in above?

Attachments

• E3609D9E-5F93-4BDD-A135-4AD7B3F52479.jpeg
    E3609D9E-5F93-4BDD-A135-4AD7B3F52479.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 149

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
looks like 2 vents thru roof. only one is needed
The bottom 2” connection is from a 2nd laundry room in the attic (strange) I just don’t think the back vent on the standpipe line is necessary, it can be wet vented by the laundry sink which is the 1 1/2” connection above

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
since a wye and 45 was used the wash machine needs the vent thats there . couldnt tell there was a floor above as I see a roof. why dont they use long sweeps for the waste to second floor? and santees on back ? no cleanout? Canada code ?

Last edited:

Ryan Miehm

In the Trades
Reaction score
since a wye and 45 was used the wash machine needs the vent thats there . couldnt tell there was a floor above as I see a roof. why dont they use long sweeps for the waste to second floor? and santees on back ? no cleanout? Canada code ?
Yeah that’s code here, no clean outs required really other that on kitchen sink drains, and Santees on back for venting

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yeah that’s code here, no clean outs required really other that on kitchen sink drains, and Santees on back for venting

Your good then it looks good. no long sweep 90s eithergoing fromhorizontal to vertical on waste lines. those 3 things in my area would get called and require fixed by some inspectors, if he was a real plumbing inspector and not a carpenter or electrition turned combo inspector It would almost surely get called. work looks good just dosent fly any where Ive been .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks