Kitchen Sink Draining question - Studor Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumbingNovice1996

Reaction score
Kitchen sink is backing up and it seems related to the Studor valve. I made sure the traps were clear and no blockage under sink. When the sink is filled with water, I can take Studor vent off and water instantly rushes down and I can feel the pull. So I went and bought a new Studor and put it on. Still doing it…. Out of the whole house, this is the only issue with plumbing backups. Any advice would be great and appreciated. I spent time researching, but couldn’t find anything with this scenario of water draining fine with valve off. Also, this is a 20-year old setup and has worked fine until recently. Dish washer is tied into this line and I will get slight gurgling when it empties water.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks