Kitchen Sink DIY Advice

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by johnblank79, May 23, 2020 at 5:00 PM.

1. johnblank79

johnblank79 New Member

Two main questions as I set out to replace all the current drain parts and install a new garbage disposal.

1) Going from male threaded pipe to PVC at the wall:

As pictured, threaded male pipe coming out of wall. I plan to remove all but the main stub and somehow do a transition from that threaded male pipe to PVC (replacing everything currently there). Do I use a Fernco coupling, a female threaded PVC, or some other fitting?

Bonus question: How difficult will it be to loosen that threaded pipe? Major elbow grease?

2) Overall design of the drains:

I would like to replace what is currently there with what is pictured in the example 2-trap photo (image named GOAL.jpg). Does that seem like a good plan?

Thank you for your advice!

John

Attached Files: