kitchen sink disposal

Users who are viewing this thread

mjrva

Reaction score
I have a "biscuit" colored Kohler enameled kitchen sink, left well is deeper than right. I had the disposal put under the deeper left side, the water drains slow. My husband thinks it has something to do with fact that right sink is higher so water doesn't drain right. If the disposal does in fact need to be under the more shallow sink, then can we move disposal without leaving "scars" around lip of other sink drain...this is my main concern. Or is there a way to fix the under sink plumbing so water drains better. I could take digital picture if this would help diagnosis.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
disposER not disposAL unless it is GE or Hotpoint

The disposer is usually installed in the higher sink, but only because that is the way most users prefer it. Unless the lower installation puts the disposer outlet below the wall opening or water stays in the disposer all the time the location is not the reason for your problem and moving it would not help. If you do move it there should be no "ring around the opening" but even if there were it would clean up, or be covered by the replacement drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks