Isolation valves ports not accessible

Users who are viewing this thread

Whitejeeptj

Reaction score
The isolation valve service ports are against the back wall, making them in accessible for flushing. Can the valves simply be spun around? The other issue with spinning them around is the pressure release port will be on the wrong side in order to connect with its drain line.
rheem1.jpg
rheem2.jpg
rheem3.jpg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
Your installers count as a disgrace to the human race. What idiots!
The big nut is a union and when depressurized are easy to allow rotation. There is a flat washer or o-ring allowing for playing with the rotation and re-tightening.
But the Uponor ring connection won't likely accommodate being rotated.
Call back the idiots and request they do it right or hire a real plumber.
That said, the cabinet is not compatible with the isolation valves in that there is not enough room to spin the valves 180

Last edited:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
it could be the cabinet was installed after the water heater. but then there is no excuse to have the drain valves up against thge wall.
ok here is a easy not / not so easy fix for that mess .
Remove both valves Youll be swapping the valves one side to the other .
1. remove the relief valve and plug hole. install that valve on cold side , handles facing to the right hose connection front . done!
2 on hot side install a tee at heater with relief valve poited in desired ( whatever needed direction) handles on right hose connection toward front same as cold. relief valve will need a few fittings but whatever you can drill new holes in floor etc if you think a few 90s or 45s is ugly and dela with that damage. Also you can swap handles out on the valves to be the right color.
only other good option possibly is all new valves but I doubt itll be any cleaner unless you plan to re route pipe

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good Catch I think there are some real issues here. I wonder how that inspection went ?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks