Irregular pressure switch activities

Users who are viewing this thread

Barnett100

Reaction score
Sometimes when the pressure drops to the cut in pressure the switch will not come on.
This can happen when there is a lot of use or when there is no use, it is irregular and no pattern.
I thought the pump was going bad and couldn’t keep up with demand but when the switch is working okay the pressure is fine. I replaced the switch and pressure tank recently because the old tank was waterlogged and the pump was cycling too much but now it occasionally loses pressure and won’t kick on. Any thoughts?

Reach4

Reaction score
Is the pressure switch just slow to respond? The nipple or switch could be clogged.

Does the pressure switch click to turn on the pump, but the pump does not start right away? That could be a weak start capacitor for the pump.

You can look at the voltage to the pump with a multimeter. When there is proper voltage to the pump at the pressure switch, but the pump does not start right up, it is not a problem with the pressure switch.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks