Interpreting Bart Test Results

Users who are viewing this thread

zink88

Reaction score
According to tests performed by the county a year ago, the iron level in my well water is 0.59. Tests performed by two local water system vendors indicated iron levels of 1.0 (0.7 Ferrous & 0.3 Ferric) from one vendor and 1.4 from the other vendor.

I performed a BART test for the presence of Iron Bacteria and I am unsure how to interpret the results. The literature that came with the test indicates the presence of foam indicates bacteria and no foam indicates no bacteria...but then there are pictures of various colors that also seem to indicate presence of different types of dominant bacteria with no foam shown in most of the pictures.

Shown below are a succession of pictures from immediately after taking the sample to how the sample looked each day after 1 to 9
BART Day 0.jpg
BART Day 1.jpg
BART Day 2.jpg
BART Day 3.jpg
BART Day 4.jpg
BART Day 5.jpg
BART Day 6.jpg
BART Day 7.jpg
BART Day 8.jpg
BART Day 9.jpg
days.

Any assistance in interpreting whether or not I have Iron Bacteria and, if so, how aggressive would be appreciated.

First picture is immediately after taking the sample. Successive pictures were taken ~ 24 hours after the preceding picture. Shown to the right of the sample is the number of hours that lapsed between taking the sample and when the picture was taken.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks