Installing Stiebel Tempra 24 Electric...Wire!

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockin Rog

Reaction score
Hey, just throwing this out there because I'm about to attempt this at home up here in Northern Ontario on my rural farm. I have no Gas or Propane...just electric so here goes.

My service is 200 Amps, my transformer is located on my pole outside and I believe I'm the only one on it and our lines were all upgraded about 2 years out here in our township concession.

I have a 40 gallon tank that is about 30 years old now (Rheem Rudd) and is running like a champ still unbelievable. Regardless, I want to play with something new and I'm renovating downstairs and I like to tinker and get into trouble and I'm bored so I bought the Tempra 24 out of curiosity.

Now I have done/do most all my own electrical here on the farm and yes we do have an inspector check around often enough, in fact he was just here a couple months ago. Regardless I am locating my unit around 20 feet from the main panel that is in line of sight. Would I have to have a sub panel for my unit? Should I notify the Electrical Power Co about my intention to install this unit?

For electrical lines I am told I need 2 60 amp Square D breakers and run 6-2 lines. About the 6-2 lines I have found this wire...http://www.wesbellwireandcable.com/Romex/Romexnmb6-2.html

Does this wire have the proper amp capacity that I am needing and if so I then run from each breaker to the unit with this. At the heater from what I reading I don't hook up the ground? Is that correct or?

Thanks Roger.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks