Inside threaded strainer basket

Users who are viewing this thread

PlumblocoBrett

Reaction score
2F5B208D-EB60-4CCF-A653-A71F62764439.jpeg
I picked up a used stainless steel sink, it has a strainer basket with inside threads. I do not understand the purpose of the inside threads as I can not find any strainers or other inside sink accessories that have threads! Does any body know the purpose of these threads?
Please understand that I am not referring to the under sink plumbing. I am talking about the strainer basket where a strainer would sit inside the sink.
Thanks for your help. Brett

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
It could be to rotate the plate, with the holes in your picture, out for cleaning? Or at least used in the manufacture to avoid having to weld that plate in place? Just speculating.

PlumblocoBrett

Reaction score
The external threads may have been "rolled" in which case there would also be "inside threads", but they have no function.
Hi HJ, you nailed it! I found one on the Oatey web side, and they confirmed that the threads are there because the outside threads are rolled. Therefore the inside threads serve no purpose!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks