Increased water pressure/usage after turning off water filter?

Discussion in 'Canadian Plumbing Code Questions' started by Rob372, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Rob372

Rob372 New Member

Hi, I have a rental property with both a water softener and a water filter. Recently during an inspection we turned off the filter and ever since the tenant says the water pressure has increased. I replaced a cartridge in one bathroom since due to leaking. Now, he got a notice from the water company saying they are detecting high water usage on the account. Could turning off a filter increase water usage that much? or could it be something else? First thing I guess I will try is turning it back on lol.

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Check to see if water is coming out of the softener drain.

Turning off the filter -- you mean bypassing a cartridge filter, possibly with a built-in bypass?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement