In a tight spot with Venting a bar sink in basement

Users who are viewing this thread

King777

Reaction score
We're adding a bar sink into the basement of our house while we are finishing it. The location is at a place where we can attach to the drain just fine. The issue I am running into is that I am not able to or clearly almost impossible to connect to an existing vent on another end of the basement due to HVAC.

However, I do have a much cleaner direct path to an outside wall. I am in Minnesota and the currently adopted code is 2015 version. http://epubs.iapmo.org/2015/Minnesota/index.html

Now the location that the vent would exit the sidewall meets all these criteria. I want to know if I am going to have any issues and I don't see why I could not do it this way.
  • Not directly below a door, openable window, or other air intake opening (of this or any other building).
  • Not within 10 feet horizontally of the above-mentioned openings, unless it's 3 feet above them.
  • Not less than 10 feet from the property line.
  • Not less than 10 feet above the ground.
  • Not under the soffit, if soffit vents are used (Covered by point 1 in my opinion).
  • Must be protected from birds and/or rodents blocking it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks