I'm willing to pay, Marion County Florida

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
I need some electrical assistance in getting a well pump operating, up to this point I have been using my gen to power it, now I have finally a permit to get electricity on site.

The power company has run 500 ft of underground cable and at the end of that placed a transformer, I am responsible for everything after that. I can do all work myself but its gotta pass inspection. Marion county nor Seco energy will tell me dick about anything other than they will allow me 60 amp service.

Id like the ability to add a couple of add ons like a way to wire in a camper I have on site that I stay in some nights on the weekends, its got rooftop A/C and a small tv ect. Never will 2 high drawing things be operated at the same time. These add ons are not part of this tutorial, I can manage these later, I just want the slots to do so.

They do the hook up to transformer and it has too pass inspection prior to that.

I do body/paint work for a living, over 30 years, its not rocket science, Ive just learned the trade, this isnt rocket science either, I can do the work easily if someone would tell me what I need to purchase ( links would be the best help ) and guide me on any installation questions either thru this forum, e-mail or via text messages, I can e-mail, post or text images too make things quicker.

I am very handy, this isn't gonna be a career venture for someone but I need VERY specific details so I don't buy the wrong items ( AKA you say buy this and provide a link )

This someone just needs to know the codes, I understand codes can very depending on how much ball busting Marion County wants to do but generally I should be able to get this hooked up safely and reasonably close ( without having to scrap purchased items and start all over ) to what they are gonna require.

Im not asking for free help and the reason I don't want to hire an electrician is cause the property is fenced in/locked for a reason, I live 2.5 hrs away ( only there on weekends ) and every time I hire someone to do anything I see a mediocre job that I know I could have done myself had I the knowledge of how to generally do it.

Also I gain satisfaction from building my homestead myself.

Tell me what you want from me, thanks

BTW here is a you tube video of alot of the work I've done to the property, since making the video I have added more than 100 trees, mostly larger fruit trees AKA the need for a more reliable water source than a gen run well. Thanks

Ok cant post link, go to you tube and in the search bar type in 073property

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
It's a tall order of items you listed. For one you will probably need a licensed electrician to install the meter box and panel, grounding and bonding it very important. Most utilities require a licensed electrician before a connection be made after a pass inspection.

Once you're powered up, you're good to go by yourself. 60 amp service doesn't mean a maximum of total of 60 amp in breakers but I'm surprised on the size. Maybe since there are no structures, at least for now, that will be wired. Just guessing here.

Since everything for now is outdoors, a well pump and an RV connection, I'm assuming the cables will need to be buried underground, in conduit or UF cables. Depending on distance, cost for UF can get expensive especially if you need 220v. What type of well connection and voltage is needed? Is it a plug-in 120v? Is the RV a 120 or 220v connection?

I'm not a licensed electrician so it's difficult to tell how things should be performed thought I may know how from doing my own work and a lot of reading and research. What is need to be known the voltage needed for the well pump and the RV connection. A common denominator for these two items should have weather resistant components. They should be rated for damp or wet locations. Do try to go with wet rated components. I would locate a local electrical supplier near your place of employment and tell them your needs. They can sell you the parts needed especially for the RV connection.

I looked at the video and I see the well, looks like it's 220v motor. Is it to be used for irrigation. Are you growing a tree farm?

https://www.familyhandyman.com/project/how-to-bury-underground-cable/

This is your 073property video.

Last edited:

Reaction score
It's a tall order of items you listed. For one you will probably need a licensed electrician to install the meter box and panel, grounding and bonding it very important. Most utilities require a licensed electrician before a connection be made after a pass inspection.

Once you're powered up, you're good to go by yourself. 60 amp service doesn't mean a maximum of total of 60 amp in breakers but I'm surprised on the size. Maybe since there are no structures, at least for now, that will be wired. Just guessing here.

Since everything for now is outdoors, a well pump and an RV connection, I'm assuming the cables will need to be buried underground, in conduit or UF cables. Depending on distance, cost for UF can get expensive especially if you need 220v. What type of well connection and voltage is needed? Is it a plug-in 120v? Is the RV a 120 or 220v connection?

I'm not a licensed electrician so it's difficult to tell how things should be performed thought I may know how from doing my own work and a lot of reading and research. What is need to be known the voltage needed for the well pump and the RV connection. A common denominator for these two items should have weather resistant components. They should be rated for damp or wet locations. Do try to go with wet rated components. I would locate a local electrical supplier near your place of employment and tell them your needs. They can sell you the parts needed especially for the RV connection.

I looked at the video and I see the well, looks like it's 220v motor. Is it to be used for irrigation. Are you growing a tree farm?

https://www.familyhandyman.com/project/how-to-bury-underground-cable/

This is your 073property video.
No licensed electrician needed in Marion County, I can wire an entire house myself, it only needs to pass code, this isnt that big of a deal, Ill just do what I believe needs to be done, most likely fail the first inspection and at that point the inspectors have to tell me what needs changing.

I can use direct burial wire, only needs to be in PVC as far as I know down the 18 inches on the ends, otherwise no PVC required. Figuring out wire diam in easy enough as well.

I took out maybe 300 pine and blackjack oak trees, Ive re-planted more than that back on the property, many many more than whats on that video, yes some are small but I dont plan to start the home build for a couple of years and so by that time I expect even the smallest to be several feet in height which is fine, I have 500 jasmine plants not shown in the video that will be going along the fenceline soon as well.

Thanks for your time

Last edited by a moderator:

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
I can use direct burial wire, only needs to be in PVC as far as I know down the 18 inches on the ends, otherwise no PVC required.
You can direct bury the cable, but the cover requirement (on top of the cable) is 24", and it needs to be protected by conduit wherever it's less. If you use continuous conduit, the conduit only needs to have 18" cover. See NEC 300.5. (Available online with a free account at nfpa.org/70)

Cheers, Wayne

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks