Ikea Odensvik Sink/Vanity with Non Ikea plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

Srlnyc

nycny
Reaction score
Sorry for yet another Ikea question…..

I am trying to find a way to install the Ikea Odensvik sink/vanity using Non-Ikea plumbing. Their Rinnen plastic parts are not code here. If necessary, I will modify the drawers to accommodate pipes that extend beyond the allotted 4" space. I am [obviously] not a plumber nor do I have a decent command of the appropriate parts’ names so apologies in advance…

In addition to figuring out how I will get my p-trap to attach to the sink, 1 of the many challenges is that I cannot use the Ikea Pop-Up Drain. Their Drain screws into the Rinnen shoe & I assume I won’t find a steel shoe that is compatible with this screw but this shoe also has the overflow connection.

Can I use a dishwasher tailpiece to connect the overflow under the drain? And… This may be a really stupid question but since their overflow seems to bypass the pop-up drain & connect to the tailpiece, does that mean I need a pop-up without overflow?

Thanks for any comments!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks