ICF help putting in shower next to an ICF wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

DIYMissus

Reaction score
Hi smart and helpful people. The walls are going to be covered in 24 x 48" tile. Is it recommended to attach concrete board directly to the foams nailer strips ? The shower pan is 48 square. Thank you

Attachments

• 20240502_102428.jpg
    20240502_102428.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 19

Michael Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hi smart and helpful people. The walls are going to be covered in 24 x 48" tile. Is it recommended to attach concrete board directly to the foams nailer strips ? The shower pan is 48 square. Thank you

Plumbers don't usually do the tile work. But yes. Secure your backer directly to the studs. I prefer to insulate inside any wall that I open, even if it's not on the exterior. Where the backer boards butt up to one another, hammer in some 2x4 or use clips to the two pieces of backer don't float. I'm old school. I just use 2x4

DIYMissus

Reaction score
You're right sorry about that I actually came to ask a question about the drain but got distracted. Thank you for the advice!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks