how to minimize p trap under utility sink

Users who are viewing this thread

jnypny

Reaction score
Hey thanks for any advice. What's the very shortest trap I can use on a free-standing utility sink? I'm trying to keep the space underneath as open as possible to put a cat litter box there. What options do I have?

View attachment 90766

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hey thanks for any advice. What's the very shortest trap I can use on a free-standing utility sink? I'm trying to keep the space underneath as open as possible to put a cat litter box there. What options do I have?

View attachment 90766
There are little kitchen sink tailpieces that you could use then a trap that has the u bend reversed. The height of your drain determines a lot of this though.

jnypny

Reaction score
Looks like this might work for me? https://www.lowes.com/pd/SnappyTrap-Snappy-Trap-Drain-Kit-Single-Bowl-Kitchen-Sinks/1003205126
16263333.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
A direct connect 90 deg extension horizontal to the back of the sink then 90 deg slip joint down into the p-trap will give you the most room under a laundry tray style sink.

under sink drain.jpg

Mr tee

In the Trades
Reaction score
Don't use the snappy crap, it is not sanitary and probably not legal. Either get the shortest basket you can, do as Tuttle advises or get a smaller cat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks