How to install a two way Cleanout on sewer outside of house

Users who are viewing this thread

Pipewrench

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im confused. So there was a bwv between two, two-way cleanouts? So why is it you cant snake to the bwv? I guess what is confusing me is why a experienced plumber such as yourself, has such a hard time knowing which way the cable went. I thought John and cheesehead figured out our little disagreement when they brought to my attention that your sewers could be as deep as 10 feet. Then a two-way would most definetly be a bad idea. But a 3 foot deep two-way is giving you trouble?????? Come on sir!!! Its not rocket science!!! Try using a probing rod to see which way it went if you cant look at it and tell. But I would DEFINETLY not recommend sticking your arm in there!!! There could be poop in there dude!!!!! Haha!!!! P.S. If I was your apprentice and you told me to do that...You would soon be looking for some new help...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The two cleanouts were sweeping in opposite directions from the BWV, probably so a snake would not go through it and get caught, but the stoppage was IN the BWV, BETWEEN the two risers, so the snake could NOT reach it from either one. When I was an apprentice, I would tell the journeymen to pu their arm in there, or any other dirty job I did not want to do. In one case a "hoarder" had a backed up toilet. When I went into the house it was piled with clothes 2' deep all through the house with paths for the kids to get from room to room. The toilet looked like it had been stopped up for a week, but was still being used. I checked the toilet very carefully and finally found a crack at the floor. I told her it had to be changed, then called the office and told them to send one of my future wife's uncles over to replace it. When he came back he said it was one of the worse pig stys he had ever been in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks