Horizontal Venting

Users who are viewing this thread

santhony7

Reaction score
I am having trouble finding information about horizontal venting (in Colorado). I know that a vent needs to be within X distance of the trap of a given fixture. If I were to vent within that distance but only vent up a few inches before going horizontal would that be ok? I need to make a run to get to another wall. However, I did read that there might be a minimum vertical distance before you are allowed to go horizontal. If I had to, could I even lower the p-trap to get more vertical space on the vent? Thanks for any help.

santhony7

Reaction score
I think I found the answer: Horizontal is okay as long as the vent is 6" above flood level and comes off the sewage no less than 45 degrees. Is there a max distance between the fixture and the P-Trap? Like, could the P-Trap be 12" below the fixture?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks