Homeline panel/breakers

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by hidden 1, Jul 18, 2020.

1. hidden 1

hidden 1 Member

I have a homeline 125a 4 space outside panel, an I can NOT locate any double 50 or double 30 for it locally .I'm not sure what's happening with the supplier .I dont like to switch over or mix with any other brands ever but will square D work on these panels ? An being they are of the same company will that pass if it is ever inspected later?
    Thanks.

2. wwhitney

wwhitney Well-Known Member

COVID related manufacturing shortages.

Homeline is made by Square D, so I assume you are asking about QO breakers, also made by Square D. To my knowledge, QO is the one style that definitely won't fit, as QO breakers are 3/4" wide per pole, while everyone else is 1" wide per pole.

Cheers, Wayne

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. JerryR

JerryR Active Member

Square-D Homeline (HOM) and QO’s are not interchangeable.

You're right as far as limited availability goes. Very strange! I just checked local Lowes and they are out of stock in store and ship to home. I just checked Local Home Depot’s. There are 7 stores within 50 miles of us. 4 are out of stock, one has one in stock and 2 have 3 in stock.

The 30a/double pole are even more scarce. Only one of 7 stores within 50 miles has one in stock.

5. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020