Help with reverse osmosis water filter system

Users who are viewing this thread

JasonC

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am installing a reverse osmosis water filter system under my kitchen sink. Everything has been a breeze up until this point. I am having an issue with the water feed "T" between the water in line and the kitchen faucet. line. My issue is that there is a leak that occurs right under the grey fitting. I am not sure what exactly its called so I took a picture and drew an arrow where the leak comes from when I add the "T" in. The second picture is of the "T" itself.

My first thought was that the inside of the "T", was too constrictive causing back pressure on the water and than my other thought was that the Nut on the end of the T that connects to the water in feed line was too short with not enough threads which doesnt sit flush against the O-ring inside the grey connector which is allowing the pressure of the water to escape.

I was going to try to replace the nut with a longer one but haven't had any luck finding one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks - and in case its needed I am installing an Ispring 6 stage R/O system.

Picture2.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
My issue is that there is a leak that occurs right under the grey fitting. I am not sure what exactly its called so I took a picture and drew an arrow where the leak comes from when I add the "T" in.
That is part of the supply line. The seal should come from a gasket in the supply line pressing against the tee. Be sure that the tee, where the tip of your pinky is, is perfectly smooth so as to meet with the gasket. If that is smooth, a new supply line might be called for. They are cheap.

A little silicone grease on the gasket, and maybe a little on the threads to help you tighten better, would be helpful. That's silicone grease, not sealant or adhesive. Do not use PTFE tape on that kind of connection.

JasonC

Reaction score
That is part of the supply line. The seal should come from a gasket in the supply line pressing against the tee. Be sure that the tee, where the tip of your pinky is, is perfectly smooth so as to meet with the gasket. If that is smooth, a new supply line might be called for. They are cheap.

A little silicone grease on the gasket, and maybe a little on the threads to help you tighten better, would be helpful. That's silicone grease, not sealant or adhesive. Do not use PTFE tape on that kind of connection.

I actually just replaced the supply line thinking the old one may had been the issue but I am having the same issue with the new one. I think nut where my pinky is, is too small because I dont think it is meeting the gasket. Like its too short.

Reach4

Reaction score
I actually just replaced the supply line thinking the old one may had been the issue but I am having the same issue with the new one. I think nut where my pinky is, is too small because I dont think it is meeting the gasket. Like its too short.
That makes sense. I think you have identified the problem. It does look like that adapter you screw the supply line onto is pretty short. I think you could find a flex line with a metal end on it that does not need as much thread to screw onto.

homewerks-worldwide-supply-lines-7223-16-38-2-64_145.jpg

Last edited:

JasonC

Reaction score
Okay, that's what I had in mind as well but had yet to find one with a male end on one side and female on the other. Will start the hunt online. Appreciate the help!

Reach4

Reaction score
Okay, that's what I had in mind as well but had yet to find one with a male end on one side and female on the other. Will start the hunt online. Appreciate the help!
Unusual. Both 1/2 inch? If your stop valve has a FIP output, maybe you could take the opportunity to change that out to a new ball valve stop valve. That could be chosen to give you the output that you would prefer.

What is the part number of that new Brasscraft connector that you have there?

Last edited:

JasonC

Reaction score

Reach4

Reaction score
The first one I would not call male on the valve end.

Nor with the second one.

What is it that you are connecting to at the non-photographed end?

JasonC

Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion - I feel my lack of plumbing lingo may be holding me back here. So I will do my best to describe everything. The hose on the bottom connects to the water line coming up from the floor. The "T" is supposed to go in between that brasscraft hose that is there and the one connected to it currently that goes up to the kitchen faucet.

I think I may have found a new "T" online that may work instead of using the one provided by Ispring. So I appreciate your feedback - fingers crossed the new "T" has long enough threads on to sit flush with the O ring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks