Help with faucet wand

Users who are viewing this thread

bbruck

Reaction score
I have a one-handle high arc pulldown kitchen faucet. When I click the button on the want to change it from stream to spray, a small stream of water sprays sideways. The cause is that the one of the ring of small plastic flexible nipples that creates the spray is ripped, due to a helpful relative cleaning it too roughly.

I'm hoping to get some help with a few questions:
  1. I *think* it is a Moen faucet, but I cannot find any identifying marks on the faucet. Moen suggests the marks might be on the back of the faucet above where it swivels, but no joy. Any help with this?
  2. Once I can find the manufacturer and model, it seems that one needs to buy an entire wand mechanism for $60-$100. What's broken, of course, is the little plastic insert at the end of the wand - something that is worth a buck and might cost $10 if it were sold, which apparently it isn't. Does anyone make plastic inserts for wands?
  3. We aren't in the right financial circumstances to pay $100 to stop an annoying stream of water. I'm afraid if I cut that nipple off, it will lower the pressure through the other nipples and I won't get a spray any more. Are there any DIY suggestions for this?
Many thanks!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Try sealing this little out of shape spray hole, with perhaps some silicone. You will have to let the silicone completely dry before you can test the spray.

If that fails, you will have the options of living without the spray, replacing the defective part or replacing the faucet.

Next time don't let guests destroy your home.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks