Help with 3 faucet B&K Muller shower faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve1968

Reaction score
I need some help removing the center diverter valve on and old B&k faucet.
I have the handle and flange off but i dont see and way to unscrew the valve.

Yesterday I replaced the Valves in the other bathroom but they were a
Gerber brand and you just unscrew them.

This one is different.
Any help will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20180110_081035.jpg
    20180110_081035.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 537
  • 20180110_081045.jpg
    20180110_081045.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 330
  • Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 331
Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with B&K Mueller faucets. I think that a stem wrench could yank it out.

Anyway, just call B&K and ask them, or go on muellerindustries.com

Steve1968

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with B&K Mueller faucets. I think that a stem wrench could yank it out.

Anyway, just call B&K and ask them, or go on muellerindustries.com

Thanks for the info.
Guess its to old for anyone to know about it.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Steve1968,

It's not that your faucet is too old, it's just that in my area, close to 90% of the 3 handle faucet still around are Price Pfister (because PP factory was located in Pacoima nearby). B&K faucets are still sold, and they have the standard line up of modern faucets, but not so much around here.

The newer anti scalding laws forced folks to change to one handle faucets. That doesn't mean you can't install a 3 handle faucet as a homeowner.

I have a friend who owns a small apt bldg. He was sued by a tenant who claimed scalding injuries. He settled out of court for $50,000 !

Steve1968

Reaction score
Steve1968,

It's not that your faucet is too old, it's just that in my area, close to 90% of the 3 handle faucet still around are Price Pfister (because PP factory was located in Pacoima nearby). B&K faucets are still sold, and they have the standard line up of modern faucets, but not so much around here.

The newer anti scalding laws forced folks to change to one handle faucets. That doesn't mean you can't install a 3 handle faucet as a homeowner.

I have a friend who owns a small apt bldg. He was sued by a tenant who claimed scalding injuries. He settled out of court for $50,000 !

I am from Texas didn't realize that brand wasn't universal

Thanks for the info

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks