help running sewer line

Users who are viewing this thread

Hornnumb2

Reaction score
I am adding a bath in my gameroom and need some help with the sewer line/ vent setup. This room had a toilet at its current location with a 1 1/2 in vent come up the wall on the right side of toilet. I would like to add the tub and the 2 sinks. I have the slab busted and the 4 in line exposed it is about 15 to 18 inches from the back 8ft wall. Can somebody help me with how I need to run the vents? Thanks for any help. Michael

Attachments

• image0-1.jpg
    image0-1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 205

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
Is this a single floor or is there another floor above it?
Assuming that there is an attic space above it,
I would run a vent up between the bathtub and the lav. 1-1/2" tie the vent from the lave into this at about 42" high or so six inches above the water level in the sink but low enough to provide clearance for the medicen cabinet,
Run a three inch vent for the toilet up behind the toilet, I would also put clean out here behind the toilet. If you need to clean the line this takes two bends out of the way that need to be snaked. The second lav on a vent going up to the attic.
Once in the attic then tie all the vents together into a common 3" vent and then exit the roof.
Michael

Hornnumb2

Reaction score
Sorry about the terrible drawing, but the vent can come off the main line like this? Does the toilet vent come off the main line or is there a special fitting for it? I can connect all vents to the 3in through the roof? Thanks Michael

Attachments

• bath2.jpg
    bath2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 215

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
Easy way for the main vent is to use a sanitary tee in line with the wall, and a short horizontal run to the toilet flange, center of the toilet flange should be 12 inches from the finished wall surface. As long as the vent for the toilet is within 5 feet of the closet (toilet) flange you are fine,.

Yes you are better off to tie all the vents together in a three inch line before going through the roof.

One hole in the roof to leak rather than a bunch of small ones.
Michael
Sac City Plumbing

Hornnumb2

Reaction score
could I come off the right side end past the toilet with the 3 in vent? That is where the 1 1/2 vent is through the roof need so I could just make that hole bigger instead of cutting a new one. Thanks Michael

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks