Gasline elbow on 1936 Norge

Users who are viewing this thread

joching

Reaction score
I'm looking for a gasline elbow that is a flare fitting on one end and threaded (27/in) on the other. The gas nipple (or diffuser - different ones for natural gas or propane) screws on to the threaded end, and the flare end leads to a copper line that goes back to the burner valve/control. The elbow is brass. Where would I find what looks to me to be a pretty standard piece of gas hardware? Thanks, Joe

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
elbow

We have absolutely no idea which piece you are looking for, but if it is part of the burner assembly then it is not a "common" gas line fitting. And there are few fittings which are specific to gas lines.

Msgale

Reaction score
take it to a hardware store, they may be able to recognize it, or post a picture

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I'm looking for a gasline elbow that is a flare fitting on one end and threaded (27/in) on the other. The gas nipple (or diffuser - different ones for natural gas or propane) screws on to the threaded end, and the flare end leads to a copper line that goes back to the burner valve/control. The elbow is brass. Where would I find what looks to me to be a pretty standard piece of gas hardware? Thanks, Joe

Sounds like you need 1/4 flare by male 90...

Are you talking about pilot tubing? But it almost sounds like this is tubing leading to an orifice because you said you change them over for propane and natural gas. Regardless... remove the the part and take it to a good hardware store or a plumbing whole-saler. You should beable find something to directly replace it. If not they'll show you what you can use instead.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks