Gas explosion !!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Why the gas leak, a water heater or line or what? What may have happened?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The woman who called in the leak stated, "Zak speculated the gas leak might have been caused by recent renovations in the empty storefront."

The authorities won't give any comment until the investigation is complete...

Cookie

Reaction score
If I ever hit the lottery and win a zillion mega bucks I am going to make my house void of all gas, everything either heated by the sun or by electric.

and then I am going to buy one of the mini cooper cars cause they make me laugh.

Macman

Reaction score
Breaking news:

Woman electrocuted in all-electric home. Film at 11:00.

:)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'll grant that a gas explosion certain can, and does happen and it's God awful when it does. However, every winter there are hundreds and probably thousands of house fires caused by faulty electric heaters and wood stoves with creosote build up. These are reported in local news, but because they don't make a dramatic boom don't make headlines beyond. So yes, gas can and does kill but other heat sources do too if proper precautions and care are not taken.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
Yup, there's also a lot of houses that catch fire due to their home heating system. I was surprised to find this listed as the main cause of house fires - instead of wood stoves or something else

One good reason to have your home heating system properly maintained by Pro's. Our system was a mess & our oil guy was here for 3 hours the 1st year we bought the house. Since then he is out on a reg basis to keep it tuned & cleaned

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Breaking news:

Woman electrocuted in all-electric home. Film at 11:00.

:)

I have a solution

DDDDDDDDD.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks