Full port hose bibbs with flange, lead free

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by eweneek1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. eweneek1

eweneek1 Member

Need to replace one 3/4' hose bibb and add three more. Would like them to be as close to full port as possible with preferably a ball valve and flange. Could be wall hydrant, but doesn't freeze here in Eureka Ca. Lines feeding hose bibbs are 3/4" copper.

Does a smaller 5/16" hose bibb orifice reduce the GPM by a substantial amount compared to full port?

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Sweat a female FIP fitting and use a 1/4 spigot. Don't forget the vacuum breakers. When I need to replace a spigot I always use this method since if the valve goes bad, just thread one off and on. Depending where the copper is coming from, using copper clamps on the pipe is how it get anchored down.

upload_2019-7-26_21-5-3.png [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    MASTERPLUMB777 likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

MASTERPLUMB777 likes this.
  4. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    This is at my son's house. There was a previous bad looking repair with this hole in the cement block from a previous owner and the original spigot was bad. I added a spigot and cleaned up the old connections. This is the main going into the 42 year old house. Don't worry, I moved the vacuum breaker to the new spigot. Just to make it easy for a replacement of the spigot and that it is before the house shut off ball valve, I added a ball valve shut off for the spigot. Turning off the water at the meter is not very easy in Florida.
    MAtt's spigot.jpg

5. eweneek1

eweneek1 Member

6. eweneek1

eweneek1 Member

Thanks. Was thinking of doing this type installation, but thought the 1/4" turn spigot might reduce the GPM to much. Have enough Viega ProPress copper fittings to mount the way you suggest. Otherwise, was going to use the Sharbite 3/4" hose bibb, or the Webstone 3/4" hose bibb.

7. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    Why would you even consider a SharkBite, if you have a Pro-Press tool?

8. cjlambert

cjlambert Red-Seal Licensed Plumber

Magician
    Because sharkbite is the wave of the future!~ It's the industry's new Kitek. Just wait.

Homeowners using sharkbite fittings is going to fund my retirement.