Full port hose bibbs with flange, lead free

Users who are viewing this thread

Eweneek1

Reaction score
Need to replace one 3/4' hose bibb and add three more. Would like them to be as close to full port as possible with preferably a ball valve and flange. Could be wall hydrant, but doesn't freeze here in Eureka Ca. Lines feeding hose bibbs are 3/4" copper.

Does a smaller 5/16" hose bibb orifice reduce the GPM by a substantial amount compared to full port?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
Sweat a female FIP fitting and use a 1/4 spigot. Don't forget the vacuum breakers. When I need to replace a spigot I always use this method since if the valve goes bad, just thread one off and on. Depending where the copper is coming from, using copper clamps on the pipe is how it get anchored down.

upload_2019-7-26_21-5-3.png
copper-everbilt-copper-fittings-c603hd34-76_145.jpg

Last edited:

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
This is at my son's house. There was a previous bad looking repair with this hole in the cement block from a previous owner and the original spigot was bad. I added a spigot and cleaned up the old connections. This is the main going into the 42 year old house. Don't worry, I moved the vacuum breaker to the new spigot. Just to make it easy for a replacement of the spigot and that it is before the house shut off ball valve, I added a ball valve shut off for the spigot. Turning off the water at the meter is not very easy in Florida.
MAtt's spigot.jpg

Eweneek1

Reaction score
Sweat a female FIP fitting and use a 1/4 spigot. Don't forget the vacuum breakers. When I need to replace a spigot I always use this method since if the valve goes bad, just thread one off and on. Depending where the copper is coming from, using copper clamps on the pipe is how it get anchored down.

View attachment 54868
copper-everbilt-copper-fittings-c603hd34-76_145.jpg

Cjlambert

Red-Seal Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Because sharkbite is the wave of the future!~ It's the industry's new Kitek. Just wait.

Homeowners using sharkbite fittings is going to fund my retirement.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks