Free Standing tub

Users who are viewing this thread

angryroooster

Reaction score
Planning a space with Free standing tub on left side of the room, shower on the right. The tub is 69" Long, with a 51" base. the width of the tub is less then 30" What space should I leave to each side, NKBA says 21" but I have heard and seen others do a lot less. I have the space however I would like more room for a larger vanity. Next while I have your attention, I am thinking of putting the tub filler in the middle of the wall with the controls to the side maybe where your head is at. Would you want to test the temp of the water filling the tub. I have not used one of these big tubs so I am in uncharted waters. Also a hand shower for the space I am thinking you would not want to see it hanging behind the tub should I put it more center? Thanks IA.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The bath tub should have come with installation instructions that usually included minimum clearances. 21" seems overkill. You would just need enough room to wipe down the sides of the tub and walls. The tub filler can go anywhere you want it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive set them a few inches off one wall especially when having a wall mounted tub valve you dont need 21 inces minmum all the way around 15 inces from the w/c minmum

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks