Fleck 7000, Iron build up, how to remove?

Users who are viewing this thread

ArayT

Reaction score
I have a fleck 7000 system and I'm in the process of replacing the resin and replacing the O-rings in the valve. The valve and tank has a lot of rust buildup in it, is there a product I can use to clean them up prior to replacing the O-rings and resin? Can I soak them in iron-out?
Thanks Ray

ArayT

Reaction score
I found out what would remove the rust from the valve body and the other misc parts, "The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner" worked like a champ. Placed it full strength in a plastic bag dropped the parts in and let soak. I remembered I used it to clean some vinyl siding where a sprinkler had been spraying for several months, worked like magic both times! A little harsh on the hands and nose, be careful.

Reach4

Reaction score
I found out what would remove the rust from the valve body and the other misc parts, "The Works Toilet Bowl Cleaner" worked like a champ. Placed it full strength in a plastic bag dropped the parts in and let soak. I remembered I used it to clean some vinyl siding where a sprinkler had been spraying for several months, worked like magic both times! A little harsh on the hands and nose, be careful.
Harsh indeed. That is hydrochloric acid 20%.

Iron Out is much milder.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The valve should be able to take it but... please be careful. CLR, lime-away, citric acid all work well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks