Fleck 7000 Advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Dailo

Reaction score
I posted a while back for some recommendation on settings, but turns out I gave out the wrong information. I was going off the sticker that was on the valve, but while trying to figure out why there was so much water in my brine tank it turns out that what I have does not match the sticker. When taking off the BLFC assembly, I noticed that it had the number 50 on there which I assume is .50 GPM instead of the .250GPM I thought originally. I also took off the DLFC assembly, but couldn't find any markings to indicate what the GPM is. The injector is the #2 blue one. Tank is a 12 x 52

Previous thread: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/fleck-7000-xtr.96044

Here are my current settings, but I am guessing the BF should be changed to 10 min since the BLFC is actually .5 and probably explains why the water level is so high. Looking at some other threads, it also seems that the injector is not correctly sized for my tank so should I look into replacing some of the parts? House came with the softener, so I don't know the history to when it was serviced or why the installer configured it this way at the time. Appreciate the help!

Hardness: 22 GPG
Grains: 46,600
1st Backwash: 8 min
Brine Draw: 1hr
2nd Backwash: 5 min
Rapid Rinse: 8
Brine Fill: 20 min

Attachments

• IMG_4649.jpg
    IMG_4649.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4650.jpg
    IMG_4650.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 115

Reach4

Reaction score
I agree with your analysis.

For the injector, ideally you would have #0 Injector - Red, but if that you would want to change the BD setting to I think 100. With the #1 Injector - White, you could leave BD at 60 minutes. With the red or white injector you must also reduce the BLFC to 0.25 or 0.125 (marked 123).

Your #2 blue is not grossly too big. While I don't see it as optimum, it is fairly typically.

The DLFC should be 3.5 gpm. That would be marked 350.

Is that photo of the button from the brine line path or the drain line path?

Dailo

Reaction score
I agree with your analysis.

For the injector, ideally you would have #0 Injector - Red, but if that you would want to change the BD setting to I think 100. With the #1 Injector - White, you could leave BD at 60 minutes. With the red or white injector you must also reduce the BLFC to 0.25 or 0.125 (marked 123).

Your #2 blue is not grossly too big. While I don't see it as optimum, it is fairly typically.

The DLFC should be 3.5 gpm. That would be marked 350.

Is that photo of the button from the brine line path or the drain line path?
Thanks! The photo is for the brine path. The drain path had no markings and wasn’t sure if I could take it apart.

Reach4

Reaction score
Thanks! The photo is for the brine path. The drain path had no markings and wasn’t sure if I could take it apart.
index.php

Fleck 61455-* is held in with a clip.

I have marked the DLFC button with a red arrow. If I understand correctly, there should be numbers on the underside of that. If no numbers, pull the button and replace it numbers-down. Post the numbers. Remember to lightly apply silicone grease to any O-rings that you install/reinstall. .

Dailo

Reaction score
index.php

Fleck 61455-* is held in with a clip.

I have marked the DLFC button with a red arrow. If I understand correctly, there should be numbers on the underside of that. If no numbers, pull the button and replace it numbers-down. Post the numbers. Remember to lightly apply silicone grease to any O-rings that you install/reinstall. .
Thanks, I was able to pop the button out and as you suspected it says 350 so DLFC is 3.5 gallon. Waiting to receive my hardness test kit to verify my hardness numbers and will try out these settings for a bit before I replace the parts. As always, thank you for taking the time to help!

BLFC: .50 gpm
DLFC: 3.5 gpm
Hardness: 22 GPG
Grains: 46,600
1st Backwash: 8 min
Brine Draw: 1hr
2nd Backwash: 5 min
Rapid Rinse: 8
Brine Fill: 10 min

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks