Fleck 6700 obscenely long brine draw

Users who are viewing this thread

wulfgang

Reaction score
Hi guys. First of all, thanks for all of the help this forum has given me over the years. I have never registered before now because usually all of my questions have already been answered. But now I have an issue that is either rare or else I can't find the right search terms to get the answer

I have a Fleck 6700 softener valve that I occasionally (maybe once per 4 months) catch doing an excessively long brine draw. I catch it when I walk out into the garage and hear the softener running in the middle of the day, and when I walk over and check it out, the valve says it is on regen step 2 (brine draw) and has something like 360 minutes left (it is counting down). That is a ridiculous amount of time, especially considering that it starts at 2 AM, so it must've been around 500 minutes or more when it started. So I then usually pull the plug and press buttons to get the thing to move on to the rapid rinse and finish the cycle, which it does fine. And then the problem doesn't come back (or at least I don't catch it) for several more months.

Has anyone seen anything like this? It seems like a driver board issue since the timer is counting down. The valve is clearly not stuck, and if it's a driver issue then I suppose I'll have to replace the whole valve since it's obsolete.

Thanks for any help!

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Never seen that, not really sure why it would do that. Even with variable reserves and algorithms, nothing would really make sense as to why that would occur.

wulfgang

Reaction score
Even crazier is that when I stepped through the settings right when I caught it, the brine rinse was still set at 80 minutes.

I'll keep an eye on it and check it every morning for a few months.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks