Fleck 5600 SXT Settings

Users who are viewing this thread

Robby DeNicola

Reaction score
I have a 0.75 cuft softener with a Fleck 5600SXT valve. I wanted to get some input on the settings I have, I am trying to use salt as efficiently as possible:

Drain Eductor - 1.5 GPM
Brine Eductor - .75 GPM

VT: DF2b
CT:fd
C:15,000
N:1
H:13
RS:SF
SF:8
DO:OFF
RT:2.00 AM
B1: 10
BD:60
B2: 5
RR: 10
BF: 6
FM: T0.7

These settings soften my water very well and regen is every 6-7 days. Any input on these settings? Do they look ok?

Bannerman

Reaction score
Are you certain the "Brine Eductor" rate is 0.75?

The usual BLFC (Brine Line Flow Control) flow rates are 0.125, 0.25, 0.5 and 1.0 gpm.

As 6 lbs salt will regenerate 20K grains capacity in a 1 cuft softener, then 4.5 lbs salt is appropriate for 15K grains in a 3/4 cuft.

If the BLFC is actually 0.25 gpm, then 0.25 X 6 minutes BF = 1.5 gallons which will dissolve 4.5 lbs salt, the appropriate quantity for your 15K 'C'apacity setting.

Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Look at the brine line where it enters the valve. You will see a red, blue, green or black sticker (Black is most common). Let us know what color the sticker is and we can make suggestions. As to the most salt efficient, a larger unit would have been a very good idea.

Robby DeNicola

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Sorry You are correct it's .25gpm or .75lb/min see the below .yes I have a small unit, but my water isn't that hard and I was unsure if I would really be able to tell the difference with a softener so i wanted to spend the least amount of money Turns out I LOVE the softer water! I'm going to give this smaller one to my parents at some point, its just the two of them. I have two kids and will upgrading at some point. Thanks for the feedback. What about the other settings for backwash time ect. Do they seem right?

Attachments

• IMG_20180516_202910088_BURST000_COVER_TOP_1.jpg
    IMG_20180516_202910088_BURST000_COVER_TOP_1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 242
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks